2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 sticks celery, diagonally sliced
5-6 button mushrooms, halved or quartered
1 small head of broccoli, cut in florets
1 small head of cauliflower, cut in florets
1 pkg firm tofu, drained and cut into bite sized pieces
1/3 cup vegetable stock
2.5 tbs soy sauce
5-7 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp red chili, minced OR 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 4tbs water
1tbs lime juice (or lemon if you don't have lime, but lime is best)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
* Chop all of the vegetables before starting the sauce.
1. Start with the stir-fry sauce. Place all of the ingredients (except the garlic and cornstarch) in a sauce pan over medium- high heat.
2. When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and dissolved cornstarch and stir until the sauce thickens slightly (about 30 seconds). Taste the sauce. Add soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and/ or lime juice according to taste.
3. Oil a wok or large frying pan over medium- high heat. Add the carrots and mushrooms. After 2-3 minutes, add the rest of the vegetables, tofu, and 1/3 of the sauce. Stir-fry 2 minutes and add the remaining sauce.
4. Mix until hot and the broccoli is cooked. Remove from heat and serve!